Getting settled

New York Travel Blog

Diego laying on my arm

So the girls and I are starting to get used to everything. You could say we are creating our "routine". I have everything pretty much set. I am starting to get some activity on the job front which is a welcomed blessing. I have interviews for a substitute teacher position, an opera company, and an arts school. If something pans out from this it would be almost too good to be true. I try not to get my hopes up, but I am still excited. I guess it is good to have hope. You can always keep going if you have hope.

I've been singing and playing the piano. There is something very soothing about playing the piano that I never really felt before. That's cool.

I've been mostly walking when I go out. Either walking up the street to the markets, etc., or walking to the subway. I've driven a few times - and gotten a few parking tickets. Can you believe you have to pay for parking at the mall? The mall for crying out loud! But the mall is awesome! 4 floors of glorious stores! And can you believe I didn't buy anything but lunch? I'm such a good girl.

The pictures I have posted with this blog are of Diego the Cat. Or as the owners call him "Don Juan Diego". This cat is ridiculous. He will lick you. He will lick your hand, your foot, your arm, your face, anywhere you let him. He lays his head on your foot or hand or arm. He constantly wants attention. He's adorable. Anyway, I'll write more later......once I find out about these interviews!

MomToscano says:
Good luck, Becky on the job interviews you mentioned !!!!!!! I know something great will happen for you; just keep a positive attitude. I loved the photos of "the girls" on the previous blog. I miss seeing you and "the girls" but know this is your opportunity. Mom Toscano
Posted on: Jul 11, 2007
Diego loving the attention
Diego loving the attention
Diego purring next to my shoulder.…
Diego purring next to my shoulder…
New York