Expo Day

Boston Travel Blog

After the 5K we headed over towards the Convention Center. We decided that lunch before going in to the expo was a good idea and on our second try, found a place that could seat our large group.

After lunch we went over to the Runners World pop-up store to listen to Kathrine Switzer speak. She was running a little late so we just found a spot to stand and waited. She was worth the wait. This groundbreaking woman did a great job recapping her historic race fifty years ago, the actual marathon and the process leading up to it. She also had an awesome message of celebrating our strengths rather than tearing down or causing division between the genders.

Then we joined the security line for the expo which was on the long side but moved quickly. Inside it took some navigating to figure out where to go to get the bibs for our marathoners although we did run into another runner from the county as we were wandering.

The expo was large but crowded. We split up to make it easier to get around although six of us stuck together most of the time. I think Mom and Dad were a little overwhelmed at times since it was their first experience with a big race and its exhibitions but to me the expo felt pretty much like the others I have attended over the last five years.

Pretty sure that this was the night that we just decided to order pizza in for dinner and then made plans for the next day while eating in our two-room "suite."

vances says:
PS. must have been awesome to hear her speak!
Posted on: May 08, 2017
vances says:
lol at your comment that Kathrine Switzer was "running a little late". Well of course she was, you did not expect her to be walking, did you???

:^)
Posted on: May 08, 2017
Dad in the Runners World pop up
Dad in the Runner's World pop up
the panel
the panel
in the expo
in the expo
former harbor master house (I thin…
former harbor master house (I thi…
in the convention center