One more adventure

Salem Travel Blog

The week after graduation five of us set off from PA to spend a few days in Boston and the surrounding area.  This was the first trip I made without adult chaperones in the US (I had gone on a mission trip to Mexico in January; we traveled on our own although there were adults overseeing us at the hacienda.)  We stayed near Salem which was our first destination on Wednesday.  We began at the National Park Service Visitor Center (there is a decent parking garage across the street from it) and then walked around the town and viewed the water not far from the Salem Maritime National Historic Site.  We walked past the House of Seven Gables Historic Site too (I would've liked to go in but when traveling in a group of just-out-of-college-friends, not everyone has the money).  Our main attraction was the Salem Witch Museum where in a show Animatronic figures re-enacted the time period of the Salem Witch Trials.  It was pretty well done overall, a bit disturbing at times, but that was a dark time.
X_Drive says:
Congrats on your feature! :D
Paulovic says:
Congrats on your featured blog! :)
cotton_foam says:
Congrats, Meredith on this featured blog!
Salem