Day Two

London Travel Blog

Front of the Rosetta Stone

Second day. Internet’s still not working. It better be working by tomorrow.

Last night I went out to dinner with some people from the floor. Had an $18 Caesar salad. I definitely can’t afford to eat in many restaurants.

Slept a lot… like 14 hours. But it was kinda uncomfortable. The room was really hot and the only bedding the dorm supplied was a fitted sheet and a semi-thick blanket. It would have been nice to have a lighter sheet. But that’s NYU for you.

Went to class orientation. The walk to class is longer than last year; I’d say it takes about 25 minutes to a half hour. For the first day of class I’ll probably give myself 45 minutes to stay on the safe side.

The walk itself is pretty simple--a majority of the walk is down one road, Clerkenwell Road.

Back of the Rosetta stone
It’ll be interesting to take that walk once classes start because today (Sunday) the area was pretty dead.

Went to the British Museum after class orientation. It’s about 5 minutes away from the class building. Saw the Rosetta Stone, Greek/Roman, and North American art. It’s so convenient and free so I’ll probably go back a couple times on my own.

Then I went to the grocery store and got a little more food and the Sunday Times. Read that for a while. It was £2.00 but it was definitely worth it--there’s tons of stuff to read.

The weather today was miserable--and will probably be like this a majority of my stay. Chilly, but not freezing, and grey/raining. It’s not the ideal walking around weather, but hopefully it’ll clear up soon.

Going to read more of the Sunday Times… later.

Greek mirror