Day Three

London Travel Blog

Internet's working!

So last night I was talking to one of my suitemate who's really familiar with London, and she was telling me about the British Big Brother. Umm it's kind of ridiculous. The rules are so intense. They can't sleep during the day, they can't sleep anywhere besides the bed, no makeup, no writing utensils of any kind, and they have to work to earn money for food/cigarettes (they have to choose between eating and smoking). And there are THREE channels dedicated to the show; one has the American-style show with recaps and competitions, another has 24-hour live feed, and the last one has 24-hours of diary entries. I might have to watch it a little while I'm here.

Slept late today, had breakfast, then went to campus to use the computer lab. Then my roommate and I went to Oxford Street to find Top Shop. We couldn't find Top Shop but we went into this other store, Dorothy Perkins. Cute stuff, I just wish the exchange rate didn't suck so much. I got these plastic green parrot earrings (they're cuter than they sound) for £2.00.

Then we stopped into a bigger Sainsbury's (grocery) than the one by our dorm. All the food looked so good, but everything expires in like 3 days. Most things are packaged--produce, meat, meals (like pasta). It all looks really good. But I have a feeling (because of the prices) I'm going to be subsiding mostly on fruits and pasta while I'm here. And there isn't much junk food here that I liked. Which is good...I've already lost some weight so far.

I might go to Paris one weekend while I'm here. I need to do some research.

Classes start tomorrow, should be fun.

foolz0r says:
You write really good/fun travelblogs =). I hope you keep up the frequent updates!!!!!! 3 channels of big brother? Holy cow...
Posted on: Jun 25, 2007