Day Thirty Two

London Travel Blog

It was beautiful out today, but, of course, I was stuck inside most of the day. Two classes, worked on research for a final paper between classes. Uneventful like usual.

I went to a show tonight in Camden. I left the train station and turned onto the main road and there, before my very eyes... I was in Brooklyn. Seriously, I felt like I was in Brooklyn. For one thing the street lights were on poles in the air (a la America) rather than on the side of the road like in the rest of the UK. I never really noticed that all the traffic lights were on the side of the road rather than over the road, but when I saw that traffic light it was so blindingly obvious. How had I not realized that before? It was so comforting to see that traffic light... which is crazy, I know, but it really felt like I was home. I really felt like I was just looking down some new American street. It was great.

But that's not the only reason it felt like Brooklyn. The buildings itself, the types of shops, just the general atmosphere was very Brooklyn-esque. Obviously I liked it. Except that everything was closed at it was only 7:00 at night. It wouldn't be like that in NYC.

The show I was seeing was a mind game show by this American psychologist. Was a lot better than it sounds. I was going to go into detail about all the amazing tricks and literal mind control he had (all these number tricks and guessing words, etc etc) but hearing about it rather than experiencing it just sounds lame. Take my word... the show was absolutely incredible. I want to go back and see him again.

Short entry today, but that's all I have the energy for.

London