Day Thirty Three

London Travel Blog

On the London Eye

Went on the London Eye today. Very overrated. I saw some pretty good views from the top of St. Paul's. Although I didn't get to see Parliament and Big Ben up high. Still... overrated. And the line was ridiculous. Like 40 minutes at least. And they kept checking your ticket like three times. It was insane. But I waited in line with cute kids. Mom, dad, 2 girls in front of me. Grandparents, 2 boys behind me. They were adorable. All British kids are adorable. Because they aren't loud and obnoxious. Very cute.

Also saw Dirty Dancing. Dancing was phenomenal. Better than the movie. The acting... eh. Verbatim from the movie; didn't quite work. They weren't the best bunch of actors. And the stage was very busy. They kept moving the scene every two seconds which works on film, but not in theatre.

On the London Eye
But the dancing made it all worth it. And the audience loved it, cheering at different parts (ie. Nobody puts Baby in a corner) Everyone knew the movie by heart. Including myself. Didn't realize how well I knew the movie until now.

Going back was a mess. I took the bus there which was fast, easy, convenient. Coming back I tried to find the bus in the direction I needed, but couldn't find it. Could find bus stops for other buses, bus stops in the wrong direction. Couldn't find it. Got fed up headed toward the tube station which was kinda far. I could have been back via the bus by the time I reached the tube station. Had to go through ridiculously long tunnels which sucked. Then transfer and go through more ridiculously long tunnels which sucked. Made it to the platform, got on the train, it sat in the station for 5 minutes for no reason. Reach the next stop... it's in the freaking wrong direction. Eventhough I was on the eastbound platform. So I had to transfer again. It was a horrible, horrible trip. Made me glad I was leaving...

Dirty Dancing