Day Thirty Four

London Travel Blog

Am leaving London tomorrow, a week early. Family emergency. I don't really want to go into the details since half the people who read this I don't even know. So family emergency will suffice.

I'm not sure how I feel about leaving. I thought I would be gung-ho... I've been ready to leave for a while. Get back to reasonable prices, good food, and people back home. But I guess I wasn't prepared to leave just yet.

I still have some things I wanted to do here which I haven't done (which don't matter in the long run... I've done all the big name things).

And I feel like I haven't had a proper goodbye with the city. I don't know what exactly I should be saying bye to, but I feel like there's something.

I'm just a little mixed about leaving. Not as overjoyed as I would have expected.

I've become a little more appreciative of the city in the past 24 hours. It's not as bad as I've said it is. I just wasn't able to enjoy the city in all its glory since  I was here all alone for such an extended period of time.

I do think I'd like to come back here in the end. Never thought I'd say that. But I'd want that trip to be different. I'd want to come with other people that I actually know and for a shorter time. I think I'd really enjoy myself. Get a little snippet of London life, and just as I'm about ready to go home, I'm able to go home. I think it would be really great. I can't wait to plan my next trip.

So, London, goodbye for now. But I'll be seeing you again sometime in the future. And you'll be much more fun. And I'll be a lot happier. I know it.

somalinomad says:
I'm sad to see you leaving london so early, i was really enjoying your blogs. I hope everything with the fam works out. :)
Posted on: Jul 26, 2007