Day Six

London Travel Blog

A lime for Limey at Pizza Express

Today was a busy day, but I feel like I didn't accomplish as much as in past days.

I woke up early to do some work and then off to class. We got out ridiculously early so my suitemate and I went to Pizza Express for lunch. It's a chain and I was expecting a fast food kind of environment but it was a sit down restaurant and really, really nice. I got pizza which was great and we shared these dough balls (which are exactly what they sound like) and they were delicious. I'm craving them right now. Then we went window shopping by class. We went to Paperchase and oh my god I wanted to buy EVERYTHING. They had the cutest journals and stationary and pencil cases. I kept thinking, "I guess I could buy this stuff at home..." but now that I'm thinking back, I really don't know where I'd get such cute paper supplies.

Boeing Boeing
The shops I know in Manhattan, like Kate's Paperie are kinda expensive-ish. I think the stuff at Paperchase, even considering the exchange rate, may be cheaper. I'll have to go back right before I leave and decide what I want.

Then class number two where we discussed arts criticism. It was pretty interesting. Then I ran back to my dorm for a quick bite and then a group of us went to Boeing Boeing for class. It was a play about a man dating three stewardesses and what happens when they all return home to Paris at the same time. It was a comedy with a pretty predictable story line. I didn't fall madly in love with it, but I definitely didn't hate it either. Some of the characters became incredibly annoying after a while and other characters I couldn't get enough of. It was a little long and plays aren't really my thing. I could have used a little bit of singing and dancing.

Then I took the tube home. Leicester Square was MADNESS. The tube station was overflowing with people. The turnstills are a lot slower than in Manhattan so the lines got incredibly backed up.

I can't decide whether I like the tube better than the subway. It's definitely cleaner, definitely more comfortable (seats are cushioned), and definitely smoother. However, there are a lot less seats, the cars are narrower, and you have to step up to board (and mind the gap). It's just... very different. And I don't know if it's in a good way or a bad way.

London