Day Five

London Travel Blog

Fenwick

The weather was actually half-decent today. This morning I woke up and headed to the Marc Jacobs store in Mayfair. I took the tube (I navigated all by myself!) to Bond Street and walked around the area (Oxford Street) for a bit. Poked into Fenwicks and H+M but because of the shitastic exchange rate I couldn't afford anything.

Then I walked south. The area was really nice--parts of it looked like Italy, others looked like a giant sandcastle. At Marc Jacobs I got a cute tote for only 6 pounds. I'll probably go a couple more times while I'm here to see what new stuff they get in.

I spent most of the afternoon at the flat doing homework and just surfing online. I had a lot of trouble finding a British critic I wanted to follow for my arts class.

Grosvenor Street
I finally settled on a film critic at The Guardian.

Then my suitemate, her sister, and I walked down to Covent Garden. (1.7 miles each way for a grand total of 3.4 miles. In kitten heels. My feet are officially dead.) They had nice little shops and this open space for musicians. They said it's a lot more crowded with a lot more street vendors on the weekend so I'll have to check it out again.

We went to Marks & Spencer on the way home. Huge and amazing. So much good food. But it was kind of odd... the first floor was as supermarket and the second floor was a clothing store. Those crazy Brits.

I've decided the one thing I dislike about London (okay there's more than one, but the one I most dislike) is the weather. It was nice this morning. Semi-sunny, not too chilly. Then on our walk to Convent Garden it was drizzling. Then clear and sunny. Then raining. Then clear and sunny. Then drizzling. Then, just when we got home, pouring.

It's not motivating me to go down toward the Thames and do Big Ben, London Eye, Parliament etc; it's not the ideal see-all-the-sights-walk-everywhere weather. But I'm getting used to it. When I hop off the plane in Baltimore, greeted by 90 degree weather and full humidity I'll probably be missing this rain.

Alleyway
Alleyway
Park Lane
Do you know the Muffin Man!
Do you know the Muffin Man!
London