enjoying a bit more....

Fortaleza Travel Blog

Canoa Quebrada beach

We decided that we would try to relax and rest as much as possible….so we did! We only went way from Fortaleza one day, we went to a paradisiacal place called Canoa Quebrada. But we had to book in advance two seats in a mini bus to go to this place since it was 200km way from Fortaleza.

After arriving to the small village we still needed to take a quick ride to the beach using a special car called Buggy (4 wheel traction convertible car). It took us 5 minutes and we were there…in paradise! If it wasn’t I sure was fooled because it look like it.

Clear water, clean sand, sunny and hot, with full service at the beach.

Yours truly :-)
We decided to have lobster for lunch and we did a pre-order before going on one of the rides….boat ride, a radical ride to be more precise. Just me, my friend and the owner of the boat, Junior that was maneuvering the boat like it was a toy. After 15 minutes he stopped and told us “Dive dude”…and I did! The water was warm…amazing! After some photos we went back to shore and prepared for another ride….a buggy ride that would take us for 45 minutes and would cover 7 pit stops and would allow us to check a few nice places with incredible views!

It was really a radical journey….i was seating on the back but it was a convertible buggy so I had a great view. Stopped for 7 times to allow us to take some photos and appreciate the view. Then, in one of this stops I broke my camera!!! How?  Well, I fall on top of it after a harsh stop from the buggy driver. Result? No more photos during the rest of the day…..

After returning to the beach, we just lay down on the beach, had lunch (great lobster by the way) and enjoyed the sun for the rest of the afternoon. Around 18:00 we went back to the buggy’s that would bring us back to the mini bus.

I slept during the 2 and half hour journey and after arriving at the hotel a well deserved bath was waiting for me!

That evening we decided to take it easy and went out only to dinner and what a great dinner it was….again!

Canoa Quebrada dunes