enjoying....

Fortaleza Travel Blog

Mucuripe Club

It was hard to get up but I needed some food and breakfast is the most important meal of the day  ;-)    so we decided to go downstairs and eat until we burst!!!  When we arrived at the hotel restaurant I was drooling myself….so much food and everything looked delicious….specially the fruit…oh the fruit….so good I couldn’t believe it. After a huge breakfast we decided to explore a bit of the surroundings of the hotel. We were located in the Avenida Beira Mar, 100 mts from the beach, but honestly this beach was a bit to polluted for my taste, so we just walked! Back to the hotel we went to the swimming pool and relax for the rest of the morning. We were on holidays but we would also like to do some sports to stay in shape….when we made the reservation of the hotel we saw in the details that they had a gym (perfect we thought). When we realize their concept of gym we were frustrated….a room with 20 mts, with a treadmill, a bike and a machine that you could use to do back and chest….nothing else! We went to the reception to ask for a gym close by the hotel and they pointed one 500 mts away from the hotel. Went there and we were pleasantly happy with what we saw….in the last floor of a big building and with a view to the ocean we found this gym or like they called them in Brazil, Academia with the latest in fitness equipment and with a bar where we could pick up drinks to freshen up (and believe me, we would need them).

Iguatemi Shopping Center
We paid around 25€ each for 15 days….not a bad deal!

We went back to the hotel and back to the swimming pool because it was just to hot to be outside….so this was basically my life for 15 days….breakfast…back to bed….swimming pool…siesta….gym…siesta…dinner….going out….and that was it.

We went to dinner always at the same place….it was simply great….wonderful food, great service, and ridiculous prices! Two incredible meals, with drinks, amazing desserts, coffees and tip and we were paying around 30€ (15€ each).

For lunch we weren’t that demanding…anything would do basically, since the breakfast was simply amazing….

Av. Beira Mar
Pizza Hut, McDonald’s, or any other place that we could found…they would be just fine. For a couple days we went to a big shopping mall called Iguatemi to do some shopping and in the meantime we also had a few lunch’s there.

This shopping was considered one of the best in Fortaleza…big enough, a lot of stores and the best thing….eco J  because it was so hot all the time!!

In the evening and after dinner we were going to some bars and clubs…again the prices were ridiculous. For example, vodka with guaraná I usually paid 3€!!!!

They had good clubs but the best was definitely Mucuripe Club…a huge place with capacity for more then 6000 people. It has 5 different areas including a stage where they have live music…we had two great evenings there!!

Fortaleza