MOUNT FLOYEN UP THE FUNICULAR

Bergen Travel Blog

It was a breath taking view. It was worth the wait. The locals also use the funicular as transportation. There are many homes on the side of the mountain. In the top there is a restaurant that serves all-you-can-eat soup for 80 kroner. You can hike, bike, run, walk, or have a picnic on Mount Floyen. There is a gift shop for last minute shopping. We spent a good 2hrs. We just walked the grounds and sat and relaxed. We can see the view of Bergen and the ferry. There was a swing there. i have not swung on a swing in a looooooooong time. i jumped on it. i swung on that for a awhile. i felt like i was 5 again. that was fun.

If you're looking for one of the best view over the city you should include a trip on famous Funicular. It will take you from the city center to the top of the Mount Floyen. Then you'll be 320 meters above sea level (1050 ft).

Check out the magnificent views over the surroundings islands. Numerous paths offer easy walks through beautiful woodland terrain with lakes and mountains. During the summer the restaurant on top of Mount Floyen is open daily. The kiosk and souvenir shop is open all year. The Funicular Lower Station is situated 150 meters from the Fish Market.

It is situated in the center of Bergen, walking distance from the Fish Market. Departures on the hour and every half hour from early morning to 11PM, from May to August till Midnight. This funicular railway is also known as 'Floibanen' and 'Fløibanen' and 'Fløybanen'.

Fløibanen in Bergen is one of Norway's most famous tourist attractions and the only cable car of its kind in Scandinavia. You have not really seen Bergen before you ascend to the roof of Bergen on the Fløibanen funicular.

This is a must for all visitors who want a full experience of Bergen!

From the top of Mount Fløyen you can enjoy a spectacular view of the city and its beautiful surroundings. Words can hardly do justice to this magnificent panorama. So make sure you ride Fløibanen before you leave Bergen. For a preview, look at our webcam with its view of Bergen. And don't leave our website before browsing our photo album with pictures from Bergen.

Need some breathing space after wandering Bergen’s cobblestone streets and visiting its museums? Fløyen is a nature retreat that offers fantastic opportunities for relaxation and recreation.

The mountains around Bergen are excellent for hiking and exploring, at your own chosen pace. On top of Mount Fløyen there is a café and restaurant, and a playground filled with adventure for children.

Enjoy the beautiful bird’s eye view of the islands and fjords surrounding Bergen. Make sure to include this experience in your visit to “the city of seven mountains”!

Fløibanen’s lower station is located in the centre of Bergen; just a short walk from two of Bergen’s other famous attractions, the Fish Market and Bryggen. The address is Vetrlidsallmenning 21, but it’s easy to spot and everyone knows where it is. Mount Fløyen is well worth your visit! The ascent on the funicular takes only 5�"6 minutes, lifting you up to the roof of Bergen, 320 meters above sea level.

We shopped in town for another carry - on bag. I was considered the 2 wines and 8 cans of sardines would be over the weight if it was going to be in my luggage. I bought a $30 carry on. we bought dinner near our hotel called the deli luca. It was a 24hr. eatery, I had a cheese calzone and my mum had spaghetti.

Then when we arrived to our hotel, some of the people in our group were hanging around the lobby. They informed us that the Bergen to Copenhagen flight is cancelled. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK. Our guide is working out the problem now and we will have our update soon. I was not worried about it. The alternative is not bad. Hmmmm another day in Bergen, is not so bad. HEHEHEHE. Our original flight was leaving at 7am to catch the 10am flight from Bergen to Copenhagen to Chicago and then to LA.

We just went to out rooms to eat our dinner. Then I went to travbuddy to hi to everybody.  I have to login to travbuddy. It is my priority. HAHAHAHA. Our guide told us that our new flight is leaving at 4am to catch the 7:30am flight from Bergen to Oslo to Frankfurt to Chicago and then to LA. It is going to be a looooong day. I am just going to update my Norway blog. I am going to be a zombie for the next 2-3 days.

Not much to talk about today. We just packed and get ready to disembark the ferry at 2pm. I just read my dragonlance book till we arrived. I hope it’s sunny when we reach Bergen to go up the funicular. [Crossing fingers]

I was so happy it was sunny and clear in Bergen. That means we can go up the funicular to view the city of Bergen on a clear day. I retook the pictures I have of Bergen back in 9/1/07. These pictures are much better. i think i went picture happy :)

tvillingmarit says:
I`m so glad you had fine weather in Bergen on you`r return and could see the viuw from Mounth Fløyen
Posted on: Sep 17, 2007
weeeeeeeeeee
viking laws
viking laws
Bergen Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Deli de Luca is awesome! In a city of extremely expensive food and drinks, you can easily go to Deli de Luca, located EVERYWHERE in Oslo and Bergen an… read entire review
Bergen