Floro Travel Blog

We had one stop today. We stopped at Flora at 7:45am. It was a 30mins stop. I just made the best of it and walked the to the city center. I took some pictures. Then I walked right back to the ferry to have breakfast with mum.

Flora is a municipality and town in the county of Sogn og Fjordane, Norway.

Flora was created as a new municipality January 1, 1964 - after the merger of the town of Florø, and the rural municipalities of Bru, Eikefjord and Kinn.

The centre of Flora is Florø, which was founded in 1860, has 8343 inhabitants (2006). The merger area of Eikefjord, which is the second largest place in Flora, has 1000 inhabitants.

The municipality is named after the farm Flora (Norse Flóra), since the town of Florø was built on its ground in 1860. The name is probably derived from flóð n '(strong) stream'.

The name of the town Florø is the same name, but is has (falsely) been added the Danish word ø 'island'.

The coat-of-arms is from 1960 (originally made for the town of Florø). It shows three herrings

It was my last day to have dilled salmon. I had it everyday for lunch and my last day to get a bowl of my “reindeer cookies” I am going to nurse those cookies. I will have a cookie on selective days. I only have enough for 6 months. I know I can get it online, but, It is more insane to do it this way or the MELLE WAY….HAHAHAHHA.

photo by: mellemel8