AFTER LEAVING BATSFJORD, NORWAY

Batsfjord Travel Blog

This is my last chance to see "aurora borealis". It will be too cloudy when we reach Tromso. Well, it was 10pm; here I am all bundled up to sit outside for hours. I found a warm spot outside the ferry. I grabbed a pool chair and put it near the smoke stack. It was giving off heat. I survived the cold from that. It was clear night. This was the one night we can see the aurora borealis. The more south we go; the less chance you can see it. I sat from 10pm – 3am. I only saw white streaks. There was one bright strip of white spreading across the sky like a rainbow. I was spots of green and red. I was not as vivid as Alaska, but it was beautiful. I was the only crazy one up. I did not want to leave till I was satisfied. Anyway, those 3 cups of green tea kept me up. I should go to bed….NAAAAAAH.

However, I need to be up by 4am to go the North Cape. That is going to be exciting. We will be dropped off at Honningsvag. Then meet up with the ferry at Hammerfest at 12:30pm. It is going to be a looooooong day. Then at Tromso, we are going to a midnight concert. YUP YUP it’s going to be a long day for me. I am insane to do this.

Batsfjord