The end

Athens Travel Blog

This morning I woke up and met Rowan, Stephanie and Theresa to take the train to the airport.  It was a quick walk from our hotel in Athens to the train station, and I think the trip was only 6 euros.  Not a bad deal.  As we were walking through the airport, there were a bunch of places where I could have stopped to get food, but I wanted to make it to my gate, figuring there would be food past security.  I was wrong.  As soon as I got past security, I was at the gate, and stuck there.  Not so much fun.  Then, the plane got delayed for two hours.  Grrrr.  So I went hungry until about 2 hours into the flight.  Oh well.  Ended up getting into Atlanta just minutes after my connecting flight took off.  I was pissed, but at least I was able to catch the last plane from Atlanta to Cleveland.  Ended up getting in around 12:45 a.m., and had to be at work at 8 a.m. (in retrospect, I should have just waited to go back to work until I'd had some time to catch up on sleep, but I didn't).  I was exhausted, but it was definitely the best 3 and a half weeks of my life.
Paul_Moustrides says:
Wow, what a good read. Thanks for writing it down, it just makes me want to say f*ck it, i'm booking one!
Posted on: Jul 08, 2007