We found Robin... and the dogs!

Nottingham Travel Blog

We found Robin Hood!

Well, today has been an interesting day.  We slept in until about 10:00, all showered and for once dried our hair.  We headed out to do the tourist thing in Nottingham, first heading toward the castle.  We found Robin Hood, and Helen wondered " Is Robin wearing any knickers?"  Well, we never really found out, all of my pictures from today got ruined when I accidentally reformatted my memory card. Boo :(.  After that, we headed to the oldest pub in England, Ye Olde Trip to Jerusalem Inn, founded 1189AD.  After that, we headed on our own pub crawl Nottingham style, stopping in several different bars.  We had a 20 minute wait for the bus back to Helen's at 6 so we hopped into a bar for a quick drink.

"Is Robin wearing any knickers?" -Helen
  At Helen's, we were planning on meeting Rav and Donna, who were going to drive us to the greyhound races.   Kate and I actually wore heels and looked quite girly.  Too bad the picture got ruined.  We went to see the greyhound races, and Kate and I shared bets unsucessfully, but we did bet on "Mandeville Rita" and "AbitaGlory" because they reminded us of home.  Neither won.  We headed back to Helen's flat to call it a night.  Too bad I ruined the pictures because they were actually quite good.  -boo, rachel

Extra funny:  Rachel couldn't understand Helen's accent so all day she thought we were going to the docks tonight and not the dogs.  She thought we were going to bet on boat races!  Ha -Kate

Also funny:  While walking to the bus stop we saw two pigeons, the male pigeon was trying to mount the female and she was having none of that.  He chased her all over the street trying to get some tail.

vessa says:
Hey, you got out Notts alive! - gun capital of England you know!? Only joking, it's a great city. I lived there until 2 years ago. Still don't know if Robin wore underwear though!!
Enjoy the rest of your trip :0)
Posted on: Aug 23, 2006
Trashley says:
Ladies! I heard I have a post card, already!!! That makes me smile. Though I got a facebook msg, rather than a call...wicked witch. I seriously hope that my picture of the sheriff of nottingham wasn't ruined. boo! hope y'all are having a blast. it is quiet here without y'all! miss and love y'all!
Posted on: Jun 01, 2006
X_Drive says:
Sorry to hear about your pictures. :(
Take more today to make up for it!
Posted on: May 30, 2006
We found Robin Hood!
Is Robin wearing any knickers? -…
"Is Robin wearing any knickers?" …
Robin Hood