Seein' Dublin

Dublin Travel Blog

Dublin Spire

So we made it, we actually made it!  We arrived in Dublin at about 7:00 in the morning, took the bus from the airport to Trinity College, and made it to our hostel.  We weren't able to check in until 2, so we left our bags behind the desk and set out in search of amazing adventures.  It is really cold here for May, so we went in search of warmer clothes.  Kate thought she'd actually be able to wear shorts... haha.  I bought a scarf for 6 euros and Kate bought some long sleeve shirts.  Then we got lunch at the Epicurean Food Hall and they actually had pay to pee toilets.  Then we walked to Dublin castle and took a tour.  It was interesting, but boring at the same time, you know how group tours are.
Self Portrait in front of Dublin Castle
  People taking pictures... tour guide hard to understand, etc.  After the castle, we stopped in at The Pale pub and had a beer, they don't have coke on tap and all the mixed drinks are made with glass bottled cokes.  Then we went to see Christ Church cathedral but didn't feel like paying to take a tour so we played around in the garden and left.  After that, went in search of St. Patrick's cathedral, but we got lost and didn't find it.  We ended up north of the River Liffey and saw Four Courts, it's their court house but way cooler than anything we have here.  Then we checked into the hostel and took our bags up to our room  A 10 person dorm, two girls from wisconsin, three boys from australia, a girl from australia, and an older couple.
Christ Cathedral
  Kate is on the top bunk and I'm on the bottom (when she rolls over, it feels like she is seizuring).  After checking in, we went to Trinity college, but it was too cold to sit outside so we decided to use the restroom (they call them toilets) and leave.  The girls bathroom had a blacklight in it, really odd.  Then we ate dinner at a place called Boticelli's and I don't think the waiter could speak english.  Went to the Quays (pronounced Keys) Pub, drank a beer and met a strange irish man named patrick that we couldn't understand, and then left at about 8 to return to the hostel.  Went to bed about 10 to try and get over jet lag.  The beds are short and I can't stretch out fully without both my head and feet hitting the end rails.  More later.... -rachel  (Mom, I am alive and so it Kate, so stop worrying, I tried to email but I can't get onto my work or school email).
Dublin Spire
Self Portrait in front of Dublin C…
Self Portrait in front of Dublin …
Millineum Kids
Millineum Kids
Dublin Hostels review
The location is great, it's right in the heart of the Temple Bar party scene. Check in isn't until later so if you arrive early, prepare to leave you… read entire review
Dublin