"I don't think my GIRLFRIEND would appreciate that."

London Travel Blog

This is Kate dictating and Rachel is typing...

After the normal hostel breakfast, we headed out to portobello road for the street festival that consisted of flea market, food stalls, and random bric a brac.  We went to Cafe Grove, and enjoyed capuccino on the second story balcony.  Some random man suggested places to visit and we may follow his suggestions later.  After two hours on the balcony charing my camera and writing in our journals, we headed back to the hostel for a picnic lunch in the TV room.  After that, we got lost on the tube because of me on the way to the Tate Britain museum.  We made the Tate Britain, we saw Robert Blake, poet/artist.  On the way to the Tate Modern, we passed the Southwark Cathedral, suggested by random old guy at Grove Cafe.  At the Tate Modern, we saw work by Dali, Picasso, Man Ray, Matisse, Monet's Water Lillies after 1916, and Jackson Pollock.  After we got kicked out, we did Sudoku on the pier.  I completed the intermediate and Rachel couldn't complete the advanced.  We took the tube to Soho and decided to start another pub crawl.  Our first stop was Pillar of Hercules, where we has Waldorf Summersault, Refreshing Light Golden Ale.  Next we went to Carlisle Arms, where we had the Guest Ale: English  Pride.  (This is the same bar that the pub dog picture was taken at yesterday.)  Next, we visted the Crown and Two Chairmen where we had Maredsous Blonde.  It was very good, and we stole the 1/2 pint glasses.  (Mom, expect them to be mailed home soon).  Next, we went on to the Coach and Horses (recommended in the top 10 book), and we had Leffe Blonde Blond.  We also felt obligated to take these cool 1/2 pint glasses before going on to The Cambridge for Green King IPA.  Because it was 10 at night, we decided we should probably eat something and had fish n' chips at some street vendor.  YUM!  Last stop as of now was the Brewmaster, where we had Abbot Ale.  Rachel went to the toilet and some guy approached me at the table.  He sat in her seat, and seeing that he wasn't attractive, I replied "I don't think my GIRLFRIEND would appreciate this."  Apparently now we're lesbians.  More later, -the two of us.

-no good pictures from today

-AROD, sorry I'm not up to par, but I'm paying by the minute and I don't have time to proof-edit, bite me.  love ya though, kick butt at the new job!!!

stich71303 says:
Lesbians now? My My!! I was afraid you girls were enjoing too much ale when I read that Rachel couldn't complete the advanced Sudoku.

I love reading your blog and the pics have been great. When you get to Paris can you do a wine crawl? Just curious. Mamma Nancy
Posted on: Jun 02, 2006