A free concert just for touring some model homes

Bakersfield Travel Blog

I don’t know how the housing market is in other areas but in central California new home builders are going to some pretty extreme measures to sell their homes.  Oh they all are offering discounts on upgrades or what looks like freebies thrown in.  We recently got a brochure offering a free pie, just for visiting some new homes.  And then to top that we got one for a senior community that was having a big grand opening of their models and lodge and would be having a concert featuring one of my all-time favorite female country recording artists, Lorrie Morgan.  How can you pass up a free concert?

The concert was outdoors with the temperature well into the nineties but we sat and enjoyed her performance.  She sang lots of her old favorites, including “What part of No don’t you understand?”, “Watch Me”, “Half Enough”, “I Didn’t Know My Own Strength”, “Five Minutes”, and quite a few more including some new ones she has recently written.  She ended the show with her most popular “Something in Red”.

I would have loved to get more pictures and an autograph but she was whisked away without even an encore to go to another gig.

X_Drive says:
Yes, Bill, the Crystal Palace was his Restaurant and Bar and mUsic Venue. As far as I know it is still doing business with guest artists.
Posted on: Apr 17, 2009
bkretzer says:
Isn't Bakersfield Buck Owens country? I know he passed a couple of years ago, but I thought he had a dinner theater or something in the area.
Posted on: Apr 16, 2009
X_Drive says:
We used to be just exactly like you. In this case her special van was right thru a temporary wall right behind the stage and NO ONE was allowed beside or behind the stage. She had security forces keeping it that way. So it only took her five seconds to turn go down off the stage and she was gone. The crowd thought she might come back for an encore, but realized quickly that it wasn't going to happen when the van pulled away.
Posted on: Jun 24, 2007