Taunton to Brugge, the first leg!

Brugge Travel Blog

We were finally ready to leave Taunton at 8pm, Bertie was loaded up to the gunnels and we were both feeling rather anxious about the long drive to Dover....4 boring hours of driving before we could even get on the ferry to ther continent!  Yawn.  Anyhow, the journey passed without event, the highlight was seeing Stonehenge after dusk surrounded by mist - as if it wasn't spooky enough! So, we got to Dover and checked in for the 2.10am crossing. The ferry was fully of hyperactive school kids and podgy lethargic looking truckers.....................arrived just over an hour later at Calais, it's scary driving on the right hand side!  The route to Belgium was pretty straight forward and the sun rose just as we got to Brugge.

Unfortunately the barrier was lowered across the entrance to the campsite and wouldn't be raised until 7am which meant we had a bit of wait...Matt can sleep anywhere at the drop of a hat and did just that..me however, I just fidgeted around and watched the pigeons (there was an abundance of them!!).

Anyway, lets fast forward a bit!  Pitched the tent and had a bit of a rest.  Cycled into Brugge and it was beautiful!  Beautiful buildings, beautiful canals, beautiful coffee!!  Stopped at Bar Medici (I think it was called that!) for a coffee, only to find it came served with two tiny little desserts, gorgeous!

Right - I'll get back to this, I promise but I have about 350 more loads of washing to do before I have time to remenisce about my trip...so you'll have to wait, sorry!

photo by: Chokk