Vraiment Francais

Beaulieu-sur-Mer Travel Blog

At the creperie. The bottle was filled with water, I swear.

Early in the morning it was back into the porsche for the drive to the Gorinis' summer home on the cote d'azure.   Such a tough life they live.
  The striking thing about the drive down to the coast was the number of tunnels.  It was almost seizure inducing, the number of times we went from light to dark.  Then we hit the ocean and the drive was still full of tunnels, but also nice views of the meditteranean, and little towns on the coast.
  I expected something like a border when we got to France, but all there was was a sign outside of a tunnel letting us know we were in a new country.  I liked that about Europe.  We could drive for three hours, be in a new country, and not even know it until we got out of the car and everybody was speaking a different language.
  Our final destination was Beaulieu-sur-mer, a small town right on the coast where the Gorinis' had a penthouse apartment.  Oh and did I mention they also had a yacht, which they moored at the harbour here? The poor family, you can tell they struggle to make ends meet.
  We went grocery shopping soon after arriving, and I thought it was so cool wandering through the streets of the little french town, but even cooler was the grocery store, because there were rows upon rows of products that I'd never seen before, as well as variations on things we have here.
  What I thought was cool is that they had hot dogs that already had ketchup inside! What a time saver.
  We bought a baguette (what else do you buy at grocery stores in France?) and I had the privelige of carrying it through the streets back to the apartment.
  That night they went to get the yacht ready for tomorrow- and afterward Max and I went to a little Crepe place on the harbour which was awesome.

At the creperie.
The bottle was f…
At the creperie. The bottle was …
Beaulieu-sur-Mer