Slip Sliding Away

Antibes Travel Blog

Italian Pride
   I don't know if "Marineland" sounds like a rip off of "Seaworld" to you, but it certainly does to me.
The French take on waterslide parks was interesting to say the least.
One called the Sidewinder, involved max and I sitting in a little raft and getting pushed into essentially a half pipe of water, where we slid back and forth, splashing water at all the people in the line up, until we lost momentum.
  It was a perfect day for the waterpark by the way, it was so hot out.. over 40 degrees. Mind you it had been pretty much everyday.
  The sidewinder was pretty cool, but the best part was a waterslide that made you wear helmets.  I wasn't going to go on it until the male bravado thing kicked in and I dragged Max along with me and we marched to the top with our helmets and waited our turn.  I went first, crossed my arms and legs, and then went down a near vertical waterslide that went down into a shoot.  Then it turned up at the end, and I shot through the air for a few long seconds, landed on my back and skipped away across the waters, and promptly sank with my back glowing a nice shade of red.
  Then Max came bouncing along a few minutes later.
We both agreed that was something we would never try again.
  Marineland also had a pirate/whale show, which was something I would not think of doing but it was very entertaining.
  On the way back to Beaulieu, Max and I screamed at trains that went by because they drowned us out completely.  You should try it sometime.
photo by: Vikram