Feasting like Kings

Saint-Tropez Travel Blog

Saint-Tropez harbour- The Gorinis are in the bottom right

Our boat journey began today.
At first the plan was to go to Corsica, but because of weather maybe? the plan changed and we ended up travelling along the coast.
  We left early in the morning- Max and I had spent the night before in the boat, and Max had sprayed the cabin with deodorant to cover up the smell of the cigarettes he was smoking, so when I woke up I was coughing in the incredibly intoxicated air.
  But nevertheless we went off, and travelled along the coast all the way to Saint-Tropez, which was sort of cool because there was a picture of it in the Gorini's house and I thought it looked very exotic and then BOOM I was there.
  Max and I wandered the town and I came to the sad realization that water is more expensive than gelato in these parts.  That only served to make me thirstier, and gelato just didn't satisfy that for long.
  The Gorinis searched for a hotel to stay in so they didnt have to sleep on the yacht, but they couldnt find one.  We all went out for dinner together to a place called La Ponche which remains the classiest restaurant I've ever been to, complete with an in house entertainer going table to table, fancy wine holders complete with their own cloths, and incredibly expensive entrees.  I enjoyed it as best I could because I definitely wouldn't be coming somewhere like this again anytime soon (after I'd left the Gorinis)

Saint-Tropez harbour- The Gorinis …
Saint-Tropez harbour- The Gorinis…
Saint-Tropez