Going to Madrid

Madrid Travel Blog

Plaza Mayor

After finished my winter exams at university I decided to take a short holiday just to recover from the stress of studies!!!!!So,when my friend Giusi asked me to go to see her in Spain I immediately accepted!

Giusi was my classmate in high school,she studies law in Bologna but she has been studying in Spain since september 2006 and she's going to stay there till the end of June.This project of study abroad is called "Erasmus" and it's organized by many universities in europe.

Giusi stays in Alcalà de Henares,a small but very cute city far about 30 minutes from Madrid.Alcalà is the city where the famous writer Cervantes was born, in fact in this city you can visit his home.

Giusi picked me up at the airport in Madrid, I was very happy to see her after all this time!She really impressed me,because before leaving to Spain she didn't know a word in spanish, and now she speaks spanish very well and fluently!She made a good jobs in these months!

In Alcalà Giusi lives in a small apartment with two other girls,both from Switzerland.

Plaza de Espana

However in these months she has made many new friends from different countries...Italy,Spain,Mexico,Argentina,Poland,Germany..etc...etc...she seems she knows everybody in the city!!This did not surprise me because Giusi is very funny and makes friends very easily!

In only one week that I spend there with her she introduced me almost 100 different people,and she took me every night in a different club!When I came back home after a week of crazy hours I slept for an entire weekend!

jtnoogen says:
Hahaha, your friend Giusi sounds just like my friend Suchi! :) Crazy? Spontaneous? Fully of energy? That's my friend Suchi!
Posted on: Jul 04, 2007