A personal perspective of Benidorm.

Benidorm Travel Blog

I have been to Benidorm nearly a dozen times now, and I am always finding different things to see and do. To many British people Benidorm is sun, fun and booze, and if that is what is their thing, then its a fine place to be. But to me Benidorm is more than that, it still has a little Spanish charm, and if you so wish jump on a train or bus and in no time at all the surrounding countryside is at your call.

Altea, Calpe, Denia, although seaside resorts in their own right, also offer a different experience, smaller and more intimate. Denia is actually a port, and around the port area a lot of 'old' Spain still exists. The one thing I have yet to see in Benidorm is a proper Spanish guitarist, playing traditional Spanish music. I am still hoping to find a bar, tappas or otherwise that is authentic Spanish and has this attraction.

We usually stay in a hotel, and usually in the old town area, then after breakfast a lovely stroll, along with a few thousand others, along the Levante prom. The mess from the night before has all been cleared away, and the whole beachside area is pristine, full marks for keeping it that way after its nightly assault.
There are many bars and cafes along the way, catering for many nations, but British establishments do seem to be many.

We have been on many trips, the blanket trip, although obviously trying to sell you something, was quite a pleasant half day out. Valencia is stunning, and I do want to return there another time, a one day visit is not in any way enough. The market, both of them are worth seeing, as to wether they are good value for money these days is a moot point. A lot of European countries are not as cheap as they were since the introduction of the Euro, Spain is no different. But you still get good value for money compared to some holidays back home in Britain.

I will hopefully be back in Benidorm some day, but other places are tempting me, Seville, Codobra, Granada, Cadiz, are all places on my list. As to wether I will ever get there is another story, as Benidorm keeps calling me back, and I give in and go.
Benidorm