oof, another shwarma please!

Granada Travel Blog

now THIS is a schwarma.
Only a week has passed and I already feel as though I´m leaving a home.

Christine and all of her friends have been absolutely wonderful. I had the best tour guide who brought me to all the best shoe stores, tapa bars and touristy sights. I got a real feel of Granada from her roommates and learned more Spanish than I learned in both my South American trips combined. I took over 2mb worth of pictures of the beautiful architecture, street art and people.

I leave this afternoon for Granada and I´m going to miss the cobblestone streets and siestas in the evenings. I love the slower pace of life here. Being able to order a vino tinto at 2 in the afternoon and having it completely socially aceptable is something else I will miss, along with the plate of food you usually receive with it (aka: tapas).
I will miss watching SMS (spanish equivalent of The OC...back in its glory days) at 4 in the afternoon with Antonio and watching Ale dance awkwardly to make everyone laugh. Oof. Its been fun. I will also miss the children I met from Christine`s classes at her school.

For Christmas I recieved a plane ticket to Spain from my parents and it has been by far one of the best gifts I have ever received. I got to spend a lot of time with one of my closest friends and I got to see where she `brushes her teeth every mornng.´

This morning I went out for churros con chocolate and cafe con leche. A very typical Spanish snack. I sat in the cafe with Christine over one of our last meals and reflected on the past week. It was great...incredible.

It was surely a bully adventure in Europe.
photo by: Chokk