okay okay.

Valparaiso Travel Blog

Can you believe that Jen has gone without the internet for more than a day? Progress!
ha ha...or as the Chilenos would say ja ja.

All right...so mom & dad...I may not come back! I love it here! :)

Where did I leave you last?

MONDAY.
Monday we had class in the morning. Once again it ended up being about economics and I was left to my doodles. But in the afternoon Casey and I planned on going on the walking art tour but because it was a monday the museums were closed. So instead we spent the day in Valparaiso with Max and Sam. We went down to the pier and sat there for a while just enjoying the weather and the people. Then we went to the main park and did the same thing. It was a very relaxing day. For dinner we had some delicious pizza and found an early happy hour. ja ja. Max and Sam took the bus back to Vina with us and we hung out in the park in Vina a bit longer and eventually returned to our respected houses for sleep.

TUESDAY.
Tuesday we had class in the morning and then walked to Congress. We got a tour of Congress and then were able to have a question and answer session with the former mayor. MUY INTERSANTE! He was a total politician in the respects that he called all of the tortures and executions ¨during the Pinochet regime ¨mistakes¨. Seriously. After that a host mother brought a few of us to the house of a Political artist. She showed us her work on slides and it was amazing. IT was very interesting to talk to her. She also rents rooms in her GORGEOUS apartment out for $200 a month...so next Winter break a trip to Chile with Jess? (How does that sound mom?) Anyways...I´m just meeting really great people day to day. That night I decided to stay in and ended up going to bed relatively early.

WEDNESDAY.
We spent the day in Santiago. I want to do a seperate post about Wednesday because Wednesday was really intense. I´m going to write it out in my journal and then post it here because I dont want to feel rushed while writing it because I wont be able to do it justice. Just to give you an introduction...we had a Human Rights tour of Chile.

Okay...I must go and i´m not nearly close to telling you everything I want to tell you. Ack...I apologize for not e'mailing you all. I will try to get back to a cafe later this evening or tonight!!! Much love.
Valparaiso