OceaniaSamoaApia

emotions.

Apia Travel Blog

The Fijians left this morning at 5:30am. I didn't sleep at all. I went to their farewell Kava Ceremony at a Fijian's house off campus and then I bid them farewell at the airport. Otto was supposed to stay in Samoa for his break but his sponsor purchased his return ticket. So...I had 2 days preparation to say good-bye to him. I'm not sure if this is a 'good-bye' or a 'see you later' and I think that is what scares me. Otto became my best friend and confidant on USP campus and it was really hard to say good-bye to him. I've been an emotional mess. But I'm feeling better now. Despite my lack of sleep I am thinking with a clearer mind. Whenever I put my mind to something I achieve it. So if when the time comes and I actually want to see Otto...we will work something out. But until then we decided on not making any promises to each other and to keep in touch.

On a totally different note. Art has been my therapy. I had my first art class in Samoa this Friday at the Tiapapata Art Center. It was incredible. I ended up staying at the house until the late afternoon. I helped around the house, ate lunch with them and then did errands with the husband. They are my adopted palagi family.

To continue with the art thread. I had my 2nd ballet class this morning and it went even better than the first. I taught them a little routine and I have 10 girls in my class. They are all soo excited about the classes. Momoe even said that the parents keep telling her that their children won't stop dancing around the house. We're putting on a production of The Nutcracker on December 10th. The date has been changed. But we're making props and scenery. Even Momoe is getting very excited in the whole project. She is going to perform in the show! And i'm the director! Fancy that.

It feels really good to feel again. My emotions have been all over the place...but I can't remember the last time I felt as though someone punched me in the stomach emotionally and then felt as happy as anything else in a 24-hour span.

Love, Sieni.