close your eyes, pretend to fly.

Honolulu Travel Blog

sunset beach.
Last night was spent on Sunset Beach on the North Shore.
It was absolutely gorgeous and the only thing I could have asked for was to be there with my family.

Our group had a tour of the whole island yesterday. I swam about 2 feet away from a turtle, snorkeled on a reef and ate pineapple that we picked ourself. Now that University of Hawaii has finally felt like a home...we are off once again. But we're heading to Samoa. Our BIG destination.

We have had preparation on the basics of the Samoan language. We have talked to students and professors on the history, ecology and social mores of Samoa. We have tasted traditional food and we've already had our first drop-off. Despite all of this preparation I am still very anxious and very nervous about what I am about to embark on.

But as my dad has told me in the past...Whenever your are nervous it just means that you are doing something new, that you have never done before, and that means you are growing as a person. And as I have been told in the past by an old teacher, "You are going outside your comfort zone."

Well folks, I'm off.