Vive el tenis con Cachantun!!

Vina del Mar Travel Blog

Wow. Wow. Wow!!
Still here and still in awe.

Last time I wrote here I was heading to the casino. Sadly I did not win any dinero! But then again I only spent 2000 pesos on the slot machines (that is about 4 American dollars). It was a nice night just going out with a few people for a few drinks. I learned a new word in spanish (Mom, you´ll be so proud!!) Ron=Rum. :)

Saturday we spent the day in Isla Negra and another small town about 3 hours South of Vina del Mar. We visited Pablo Neruda^s Beach house and it was amazing. His houses were like mini museums with colored glass, shells from all over the world, beautiful artwork...his houses are so inspirational. We learned that he was a man that collected crazy things from all of his travels and that he would rather be in debt and get what he wanted then to not have something he was passionate about at that moment. At the smaller town we did a lot of shopping at little places. My spanish is getting better when it comes to asking "how much?" "what size?" and "Do you speak english?"

That night we went out as a big group to celebrate Max^s birthday. Then three of us split off and went to a karaoke bar...luckily for the bar I did not sing!

Today is our free day and so far i^ve slept in, gone to the mall, and the beach. Now i am heading to the nicer beach to lay in the sun some more (with lots of sunscreen of course). The fashion of Chilean women is very very neat. I really love it and I^m excited to get back to the states and show off some of my duds. (Did i really just say duds?) The only problem is that it is going to be winter!!! Brrr...

Oh...and for food here. Mom you would be so proud of me! I ate a zucchini casserole the other day, I have an avocado almost every day, and I ate a sunny side up egg. So many new dishes...but last night Erika made us hamburgers... and wow...I realized how much I miss American food. BUT...the fish here is amazing!! (Except for the fact that they serve it to you with the bones & tail AND the scales!)

Well, I am off to the beach. Ciao!

(ps. Jess...you are so lucky that we are so much alike in things that we like because whenever I go out I says "ooh...jess would like this and its wicked cheap.yay!" :) I love you all. And I apologize for not e'mailing or replying back to people who post. But I appreciate the hellos.
Vina del Mar