Spring Break: Spain

Madison Travel Blog

I'm in my last semester at Drew University and I have my last spring break as an undergraduate student and for Christmas I received a plane ticket to SPAIN! Tonight at 10:30pm I will be flying out of JFK in NYC to Barcelona to visit my friend Christine who has been living there since October. I am more than excited and almost can't believe I have this incredible opportunity.

Not only do I get to see one of my closest friends for a week but I get to be in Barcelona and Granada. Two very old cities that are FULL of art. Tons of art around every corner. I will be taking many pictures and I will be drawing many sketches. I just want to immerse myself into the city. Walk the cobble stone...drink the wine and dance early into the morning at the discotecas.

I can't wait. Really. To give you a break down of my trip: the first few days I will be in Barcelona and then I will fly down to Granada with Christine (she is meeting me in BArcelona). Christine's apartment is in Granada and I will spend the remaining of the week with her and her roommates. I will also be going to her school with her to help teach a class. Probably an art class! :) At the end of the week I fly back to Barcelona by myself and fly out Sunday morning.

I will have access to the internet a lot more than while I was in Ecuador...so maybe I'll try to keep you posted. But if not - be content in knowing that I'm probably sipping espresso outside a tiny cafe, people watching and sketching the surrounding architecture. <3
photo by: omaritosan