Final Part

Solano Travel Blog

coast town.
Its been a while since I´ve had access to internet. We spent 2 nights and three days in the village of Alzucar. That was when we had our homestay. I stayed with a cute little Ecuadorian woman and her husband in their ´mansion.´ And by the Ecuadorian standards...it was a palace! Absolutely gorgeous - but still no running water. Accessing water is a huge problem on the coast of Ecuador because of the pollution.

My host mother, Reyna, had a huge family. I know just enough Spanish to get by, so it made conversations at night very interesting. The translation problems resulted in entire rooms erupting in laughter. On both sides.

After the homestay was a one night stay at an Eco-Lodge right on the ocean. IT was supposed to be environmentally friendly but it was more like a Disneyland Resort with bungalows and an ocean front property.
make way.
However, I can´t complain about the gorgeous sunset I was able to witness from the hammock on the porch of my room.

Now I am in the town of Salina. It is right on the tip of the south-west coast of Ecuador. We are, once again, on beach front property at the hotel-house of a German woman who moved to Ecuaodr YEARS ago. We had our presentations this morning and now i´m at the local mall updating my livejournal and e'mailing friends.

I wont be able to update again until I´m home in my house in Georgetown. Once home I will update one more time with thoughts and reflections. So feel free to leave any questions that I left unanswered. I´m sorry for being so vague this time around...it was just much more difficult to get to an internet cafe because of all of the traveling and locations we visited.

Much Love, Jen