2 days.

Boston Travel Blog

I made the last few purchases with my mom this evening at Walmart. We bought my multi-vitamins, laxatives and other necessities that come along with a change of diet and change of environment.

I also did the first round of packing this evening. I'm bringing the pack to my mom's work tomorrow to weigh it. At this point I don't mind paying the extra fee for overweight bags. If the extra $25-50 will allow me to bring my art journal and other assorted items...then let it be. I'm going to have to make enough adjustments with everything there that the added comfort of using my usual toothpaste and usual shampoo will make it that much easier. Maybe?

Before Walmart today I went to Building 19 with my friend Andy. There i purchased $20 worth of gifts for the Samoan children and acquaintances I meet. This includes stickers, crayons, gum, candy, pens, note cards, construction paper, and coloring books. If i have room i'm going to bring a few of my old frisbees. I'm definitely bringing at least one...it just would be nice to bring a few old ones to give away.

I also prepared my photo album today. I bought a Cape May album and filled it with pictures of my friends and family to share with the Samoans I meet and with the other American/SIT students I am doing the program with.

Well...I'm finally getting wicked nervous. I'm trying to do as much reading on Samoa and the islands as I can. Except I feel as though I'm not retaining any of the information.

Two more days. Just two more days until my journey begins.
Boston