a quick gud dag from norway

Lillehammer Travel Blog

From cows in Shep to moose in Norway!
Well, just a quick hi this morning cos I am just taking advantage of the free computer at this hostel before breakfast, but I'm hungry!

I met up with Hannah on Sunday evening in London which was really nice. We had a picnic tea in Kensington Park then went to our hostel which was really nice (Meininger London) except for the traffic noise - all night! But at least the fact that we didn't get any sleep meant that we were up nice and early to catch our bus to Stansted airport! After numerous and excessive security checks there (and paying for excess baggage despite the fact that I'd posted a whole lot from England - dunno how that happened!) we were on the plane for the short flight to Oslo. But because it was Ryan Air it meant that we then had a 2 hr bus ride into Oslo itself! Georgie met us at the hostel in Oslo, but not Elisabeth as planned because her bus hadn't arrived.
Olympic ski-jump

Yesterday we did uni stuff in the morning, sorting out our rooms and leaving some of our baggage. Then the train to Lillehammer, which is much nicer than Oslo which is a pretty ugly city unfortunately (although nicer up round where the uni is) We explored the town and then met Elisabeth at the station. The hostel is really nice (it should be for what we're paying!) and having the internet is handy, although I keep mistyping things cos of this Norwegian keyboard!

Today we're planning to head up to the Olympic site to look at the ski jump and do a 'wheel-bob' ride (like bob sled but no ice!) Maybe some museums in the afternoon before we get our next train to Trondheim.

Ok, brekkie time now - bye!
From cows in Shep to moose in Norw…
From cows in Shep to moose in Nor…
Lillehammer