EuropeNorwayOslo

Bergen trip and other things...

Oslo Travel Blog

Again, it's been a while since my last update, so I'll try to give you an overview of what's been happening.

Day to day life goes on as usual, with hospital clinical rotations and lectures, Norwegian classes, various social events etc. I have been going to St Edmund's Anglican Church in town which has been great, and I have met a few other girls on exchange (from UK & USA) who go there sometimes too, and who live either at Sogn or Kringsja (another student accommodation place close by) I have also started swing dancing with my friend Tina which is good fun.

Last weekend I met some "friends of friends" who live here in Oslo - David & Astrid. They had invited me round to go for a hike and then have tea, but the cold and wet weather meant that the walk didn't eventuate (it's already getting pretty cold here, don't know how I'm going to go when it's actually winter!) But I had a lovely time at their place anyway, meeting them all (they have 2 boys, 7 & 10) and having a good meal. I also came away with lots of things on loan from Astrid like kitchen goods and towels!

Then this week, a group of us took a long weekend and headed to Bergen, in the west of Norway. There were 7 of us: me, Hannah & Georgie from Australia, Jenny & Almaz from Nth Ireland, Tina from Germany and Melissa from Switzerland (bit of a girly trip!) Bergen was once the capital of Norway, and the main trading centre. It is a beautiful place, with the houses rising up on the hills either side of the town centre, and lots of old buildings and alleyways. However, it is also one of the places with the most rain in Norway, as we soon experienced personally! But there were also some spurts of sunshine which we tried to make the most of, and then we made sure we saw inside attractions like museums and galleries rather than doing too many outdoor activities! I'll put a couple of photos here, but if you want to see more, go to:

That's probably about it for now. We're going travelling again soon (this time to Poland) so I'll write again after that.
Oslo