Now for some relaxation

Papallacta Travel Blog

KERRY - We met up with Steve and Liron today and travelled to Papallacta a couple of hours east of Quito, to some thermal baths.  We took the bus again, and it was a less eventful trip for Liron this time at least. (thank god)

The scenery on the way to the baths was gorgeous. Lots of mountain views, valleys and lakes. But yet again we were tempted to distraction by a dodgy film - i hav no idea what it was but lots of action and guns were involvd and not much talking!

The bus driver told us when to get off the bus, but we were too slow and so missed the stop. We were dropped about 5 mins away from our stop, meaning we had to walk up a hill back to the entrance to the baths. We eventually arrived at the baths though after a lovely walk through some amazing scenery. (pictures will have to be added later as we did not take the digital camera this time! )

The baths were lovely.Very developed and full of locals,  hardly a white body to be seen, well apart from me! We spent a couple of hours relaxing in the baths and absorbing the mountain air and views and then decided to go and find some food and the local hotel down the road from the baths. We hitched  a ride down the hill on the back of a locals van, which was pretty cool! Once we sat down for our food I realised how I must be pretty sunburnt as my arms and shouldeers felt like radiators!!

We caught the bus back to Quito, after Steve and Andrei had had a game of footie with a couple of little kids who lived up from the hotel. Football really is an international game!

Papallacta