Arrived in the Southern Hemisphere

Lima Travel Blog

[ANDREI] Woah!  A straightforward trip to Heathrow thanks to Mr Kevin Yong, a rushed meeting and (slightly tearful) farewell with both sets of parents, an 8.5 hour 1st leg to Miami, then a 5 hour trip to Lima...!  Slightly exhausting, but well worth it to see Nicola, my sister, once more!  She was blacker, slimmer and tearfully happy to see Kerry and I at close to midnight.  Sometimes, you only appreciate the ones you love once you are away from them.  Or maybe the two of us are getting old!

Anyway, Peru International Airport was pretty modern and getting through Arrivals was exceedingly straightforward - a good first impression.  An amusing moment occurred as we went through Customs - you press a button to randomly choose whther or not you get your entire luggage searched.  Thankfully, I got lucky and the green light lit up for me.  So on into the throng of the Arrivals area.  We had pre-booked a taxi and a hostel (The Point Hostel), so a painless start overall.  I write this from one of their 2 free Internet access points.

Pointless fact: This is the first time Kerry and I have crossed the Equator.  I know you've all done it before, but we feel priveliged to join your club!

Right.  Time for a bit of shut eye before my commentary loses all forms of cohesion.  At least you know we've got here safely.  Time for some chilling before the flight to Quito.

X_Drive says:
I too have never crossed. but I've heard some cute stories about it and the ways people get initiated for doing it. Congratulations!
Posted on: May 12, 2006
Eric says:
your "pointless fact" just made me realize that I have never crossed the equator! I gotta get on that...
Posted on: Mar 31, 2006