The Biggest Little City in the World

Reno Travel Blog

me on the strip

We had a really strange afternoon.

We made good time to Reno but couldn't find the tourist office.  We decided to pull into the first motel we saw near downtown.  I went into the office and asked how much and the man told me $40.  I thought that was pretty reasonable.  Little did I know that Liz was watching the drug addicts going into the motel.  We checked in, Liz wasn't happy.  The toilet was leaking, there was a condom wrapper in the bad and a little baggie that had a crack rock in it fell from behind the mirror.  We decided to check out.  The man couldn't give me a refund on my card, so I have to call later...if he dosn't give it to me I'm going to call the police.

We checked into Circus Circus....it was much more expensive, but there were no condom wrappers, crack rocks or squatters.  Liz realized that she forgot her book and we had to go back to the first place.  There was a man with no teeth, glazed over, FBI (female body inspector) shirt, and rubber gloves 'cleaning' the room.  We just took the book and left.

Circus Circus was so much better.  There was only a king sized bed room, so we got a roll-away.  We took a walk down the strip to see if there was anyting to see or eat down the street.  There was a intresting mix of people on the strip to say the least.  We decided to hit up the buffet back at the hotel.  We gambled some of our change away, and decided to call it a night.

The Strip