500 miles to the next city

Salt Lake City Travel Blog

Salt Lake City Temple at dusk

After a lot of driving we finally made it into Salt Lake City.  I had booked the Motel 6 the night before so that we didn't have to search while we were tired and hungry.  I'm pretty sure and so is Liz that we saw several men walking around with more than one woman.

We read up on what exactly what Salt Lake was like from a city guide that we got at the rest stop...and they have some strange alcohol laws.  You can't get a beer with more that 3.2 apv...and if you want to drink beer you have to sit in different areas of restarunts.  If you want a drink with hard liquor you have to sit in a different section than the beer drinkers, this is usually the area that children are allowed in as well.

'Latter Days Stout'
  Strange.

The motel was nicer than a lot of the others we've been staying in, but there were a lot of strange people there.  There was a man in a tangerine speedo chillin' by the pool to start with.  I checked out a map that if got in the lobby to see where we could go eat.  We went to Trolly Square, a little mall in the middle of renovation, for dinner.  We ate at a small brew pub becasue I wanted to taste a beer from Salt Lake.  I had the hefeweizen.  It was light, really wheaty...not at all like the beer in Germany.

I wanted to go downtown to Temple Square and get some pictures, but Liz and I were getting pretty spooked and there were people with morman name tags standing everywhere.  We went to 7-11 for ice cream instead.

Latter Days Stout