Back to Boston

Boston Travel Blog

Reflecting pool and fountain by Church of Scientology. This was absolutely beautiful and a really nice place to sit and think or read a book.

Got an earlyish ferry out of Nantucket with Sallie...time passed quicker with two as we chatted the whole way. Arrived here in Boston, this afternoon and felt a little worse for wear but regrouped and headed out to see what the city had to offer. Decided to hit some shops to get some replacement jeans (the zipper broke on mine...it was very sad). Tried on about 10 pairs in gap with no joy so consoled myself with buying some underwear in H&M.

Couldn't face eating or cooking budget food back at the hostel so treated myself to dinner in the Globe Cafe...had a glass of red wine that was like liquid heaven!

12th June:

Had a busy day seeing the city, went on a Duck Tour that was pretty good and takes you around the major sites. It's called a Duck Tour because you do it in a WW2 vechicle that can be used on land and water.

Boston is very small compared to New York, I can see why they call it the walking city. There are much less high rises here too so it feels more open than NY and the park and common are very nice. One of my favourite parts was Quincy market, which is a bit like Convent Garden but somehow not as charming...(finally managed to get some jeans here!).

I thought I would like it here more than I do but heart still lies in the Big Apple! Think the day has also be overshadowed by me being exhausted. Last night was noisy in the hostel and got woken this morning at 5.40am...I mean bloody hell that's early!!!

Reflecting pool and fountain by Ch…
Reflecting pool and fountain by C…
Quincy Market