Best experience of my life!

Florence Travel Blog

I decided to study in Florence for a semester.  I would have stayed longer if I knew I was going to love it as much as I did.  Many people have done a study abroad, but when I went about 4 years ago I had never talked to anyone who had.  I had no idea what to expect, but I kept a very open mind.

Many people I talk to have many negative experiences or views of Florence.  I consider my all my experiences positive ones!  Anything negative that I experienced, I took a step back and learned from it.  Florence or Italy in general are know for their pit-pocketers.

Yes it’s true however if you are aware of your surroundings you will be fine.  I had 2 little girls try to get into my backpack, but I caught them before they really could stick a hand in.  That was only once and I was on my cell phone not paying attention.  Also many people say the people are not that friendly, but I think it may be 1 out of 10.  If they see that you are willing to experience their culture or learn Italian if you don't know it, then they appreciate it and are super friendly.

Florence is one of the most popular cities in Italy to visit.  It has great food. The nightlife is so much fun.  There are so many different cultures there.  I found it amazing how many different people I met from all over the world and from so many different countries that many times I had not heard of.  I loved to just sit in a piazza and people watch. The art and architecture is amazing. And the best part about Europe in general is how easy it is to travel to so many different countries; I wish I had done more of it when I was there.

I know that living in a city and visiting a city are completely different perspectives.  Since I lived there it gave me the opportunity to get to know Florence and fall in love with it. I learned so much through this experience and I am so grateful I had the opportunity.