still flying...

Munich Travel Blog

I am on the plane headed to Munic. From there we will go to Naples and then get on a bus to Sorrento. There was a little turbulanceearlier that was sort of frightening - to me anyway. It's 2:44 AM, but it's bright and sunny outside - which means that it's not really 2:44 AM because we aren't on the east coast of the United States any more. There is a movie about sled dogs playing. Excitement.

So we landed in Munich and two other members of our class were there to conect to Naples with us. The Germans are really clean people. And they give you free coffee and tea at Lufthansa! Sweet! The World Cup is being held in Berlin this summer, so there is football (soccer) stuff everywhere. I bought some postcards at a shop in the airport. I would love to come back to Munich based on the airport and what the city looks like from above - it's pretty neat and gorgeous.

Landed in Naples. The flight was quick. It was so hot in Naples and we were so tired. This flight had the best food though - little German sandwitches. Yum. We finally found our professors in the airport and everyone from our class landed and no luggage was lost - Hallelujia! Drove to Naples on a bus and drank in the Italian scenery. Wow. Italian flags everywhere hanging from Italian balconies for the World Cup. Amazing.

Got to the Hotel. It's absolutely ridiculous. I've been a camp counselor forever, and have never stayed at a hotel nicer than a Holiday Inn, so this was quite a leap. My college has some crazy connections to be able to pull this off for so cheap. Unreal. What's also unreal, but oh so real was the tour we took of the grounds where we saw Mt. Vesuvius from the terrace of the hotel. Breathtaking. Can't wait to really start the adventure, but for now, jet lag is kicking in.
Munich