There's no place like Ho
Ho Travel Blog› entry 9 of 21 › view all entries
June 27th, 2006 – by: silan
Why does the CCS Ho Home-base ressemble a retirement home?
1. We sleep early (staying out for one of the volunteer's birthday parties meant staying out past 10, then promptly going back)
2. We wake early (everyone's up by 7:30 at the lastest - the scariest part is that we don't mind)
3. Everything we eat is a soft solid (for example, rice, yams, plantains, bananas, red red, FanChoco)
4. We spend all day reading
5. We discuss and pay careful attention to the regularity, consistency and colour of our bowel movements
6. With the addition of Ghanaian time, we move extra slow
What does the CCS Ho Home-base not have in common with a retirement home?
1. We play full-contact Spoons
... that's pretty much it. Spoons can be a brutal game. Several of us went to bed slightly injured that night.
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!