A Day at Sea

Pacific Ocean Travel Blog

out at our balcony
We had two days all at sea on this trip and for this first one, I woke up easily due to the time change.  However, it took me awhile to figure out what to wear, being unsure of how cool it might end up.  I took advantage of the School at Sea idea and went to a session on digital photography.  I was one of about 40 people, most of them over the age of 50.  We walked through the onboard shops this morning (they can only be open when we are not in port somewhere.)  A visit to the library was also on the itinerary and Mom found a book to borrow from the Mitford series.
We saw dolphins this afternoon, Mom and Dad actually spotted them twice.  The binoculars helped.
Dinner for me was an appetizer of yogurt/tamarind cold soup and then a main course of Cornish hen.
The live show was a mix of elements from various spy shows/movies: James Bond, Spy vs Spy (where the dancers popped out from behind long white strips of material), Austin Powers (used a Cabbage Patch doll for Mini Me), Green Hornet, Pink Panther (glow in the dark!), and Charlie's Angels.  When we came out of the show, we were amazed to see that the day was still in broad daylight.  Even after 11 that night we could still see rays of colors in the sky.
Tonight we all went up to the Horizon Court for the late night snack.
Pacific Ocean