Plan, Prepare, Shinedown, Tool, Et al.

Nurnberg Travel Blog

Right up front for Shinedown

Saturday, day two, my head doesnt hurt, which is surprising and there is life outside my sleeping bag.  Others are awake and begining to cook food.  I must eat and start my preperation for day ahead of me.  I crawl out of my sleeping bag and kick jim awake.  Most of the others are coming out at the same time and we all want the same thing... food.  Mark has the grill going and we are talking about the night's prior activities trying to peice together legitimate stories that make some sort of sense.  After about an hour of laughing at each other and eating as much as we can, the drinks get brought out.  Using my wise Army training i have brought my camel back.  Never can be too careful.  I dump out the water thats in it and head for the Jack.

meeting up with the boys
  One of the guys is good enough to bring a shit-ton (youd have to ask an engineer what that equates to on the metric scale, but i know its a lot) of alcohol and there is plenty of mixers to go along with it.  I am assisted and my entire camel back is filled with Jack, a coke is opened and about two drops is poured in there.  I give the look of discomfort knowing that only pain can come from this sort of 'mixed drink' but i am patted on the back and several of my buddies tell me they will help me drink it.  It is decided that we are going to see Shinedown first.  Evidently Shinedown isnt a huge band in Germany.  We get to the stage about an hour before show time and there is maybe 100 people there.  We figure we are just early.
drunk with our camping neighbors
  10 minutes before go-time and we are with a grand total of maybe 500 people and our group is in the front, less than 10 feet from the stage.  The sun is shining and we are well into my camel-back of happiness.  The Shinedown concert is amazing, the set was perfect and we were all very drunk.  At this point my camelback is empty and guys need to resupply on euro for the next show.  We all head back to camp for upload of essentials.  My camelback is refilled with the same order as last time only not as much coke, guess the guys felt is was too watered down for their taste.  We head out again.  This time our group heads in different directions, guess everyone wants to catch different shows.  The rest of the day is a bit of a haze,  but heres what it boils down to, we saw  Tool, David Gray, and Alice in Chains.
A regular scene at Rock Im Park
  (I think)  At one of these concerts we run into more of our buddies from back in the Furt.  They are busy throwing themselves at each other to Alice in Chains (we think).  Most of the area you find littered with passed out bodies, beer cups, drunk chicks and guys hitting on drunk chicks all to the sweet sound of live music.  At the end of the night, we stumble to the first place that is selling food and buy as much pizza as we can.  Travelers Tip: regardless of where you are in the civilized world, when you are drunk, pizza is the greatest food on earth.  After we eat we all head back to Camp to again tell tales and make fun of each other.  The night ends quickly as everyone returns.  Its not an early night, just an exhausting one for us all

A regular scene at Rock Im Park
Drunk, Happy Drunk, But drunk none…
Drunk, Happy Drunk, But drunk non…
Nurnberg