Montjuic, lots of walking!!! Magical fountains lots and lots of walking!

Barcelona Travel Blog

the commercial port

On the south side of Barcelona, at 213m of the commercial port there is the Montjuic. This big hill that houses the vatest park of Barcelona is accessible by car, bus, teleferic or walk. We took the teleferic/walk combo.. And we walked.. under the heat and sun.. But it was beautifull! There were many things to see; gardens, museums, olympic installations and nightlife. The views on the city are splendide and the ride over water in the teleferic is worth the price! =)

After a great deal of walking, we ended up at the Font magica (magic fountain) near placa d Espanya. Every night the 30 minutes fountain show is on; The fountains basically change colors, and forms to the rythme of the music. It is very impressive to see the different figures they are able to create and the colors selected are just vibrant! Truely a magic place, in the mittle of the city on a large street with more fountains leading the way to the one and only magical fountain!

Well, this was all I had to share on my stay in Barcelona! I really enjoyed this city and would really like to come back one day to continue my explorations. I loved the food, the drinks, the architecture, the history, the vibe, the people.. Truely, nice memories that I will keep forever of this beautifull city! Hasta pronto Barcelona! X

D

Consuela says:
ahhh thats too bad,now u really must go back!! =) I too forgot to see a few nice things.. I guess there is no getting out of it, I will have to go back too!
Posted on: Aug 19, 2007
travelman727 says:
Like you, I loved Barcelona! I'm sorry I missed the Font magica; however, it just gives me another good reason to return :-D
Posted on: Aug 19, 2007