Summering in the south of France

Nice Travel Blog

Hello again lovely readers.  First of all, I must note that having once again found myself in a new country, the keyboard has changed once again, and so i'm typing at the speed of a 1st grader.  And given the fact that time costs money, i shall be fairly brief.  So I am in Nice, where I have been since early friday morning.  On the overnighter from Rome, after vacating a cabin full of old fat French ladies who had no qual,s about changing in front of me, and after helping a young African man who spoke no English, Spanish, Italian, or any other language i could stumble through find his correct car, i located myself in a cabin with a lovely british couple from Manchester.  Tom and Jane ended up being quite nice qnd friendly people and, after our snoozing trip, we spent most of Friday discovering Nice, getting really good pastries and some pasta and drinking beer on the beach overlooking the Mediterannean.  Then they had to catch a train and i had to get ready for Shabbat, so we parted ways.

While Nice is very pleasant, both in weather and appearance, it's basically a resort town, and quite small, so during shabbat, i pretty much slept (a lot!), ate the bread, cheese, wine, and sweets i had bought, and walked around.  It was a nice way to charge up the batteries before the final trips to Paris and then back to London.

I really cant believe ive been gone 4 weeks.  I feel almost like it will be hard to adjust to a normal schedule where i'm sleeping in the sqme city for more than 4 days at a time.  But I think that these adventures will do me good, carrying back to life in LA, so that I'll be looking for adventures all the time, I'll go out that extra night or make the effort to meet that extra person, so that i dont look back, as most of us did after year 1 of rabbinical school, and wish we'd have done more things as a group and explored LA, California, and life a little more.

Well folks, im getting hungry, and this strwberry torte i bought is far to tempting to ignore any longer.  See you all in Paris!!!

~ Scott

doc4cn says:
Sleeping, eating, drinking over the views of the Med., and me just going "Which is better, one or two?" What is wrong with this picture. Glad you are having fun. All is well with your family on the home front.
Enjoy the madness of Paris with the Tour de France, remember to keep safe in Paris. Love you and miss you---dad
Posted on: Jul 29, 2007