Finally landed in the UK

London Travel Blog

I say finally because I got in at 8:30 this morning, which was about 12 hours after I was supposed to get here.  The flight I left the house for at 4:45 yesterday morning, after getting no sleep, was supposed to leave at 8:30 AM NY-time.  They found some mechanical problems so we were delayed a couple hours, and then after boarding the plane, they determined that the fuel line was leaking, and that this seemed an especially dangerous way to fly 5000 across an ocean.  So they cancelled that flight, and booked the passengers on one of the remaining flights to London.  The next 3 hours were an insane fiasco of trying to get luggage, only to re-check in the same way I had that morning, go through security again, and wait another 7 hours or so to get on the plane.  Thankfully JFK has a relatively comfortable carpeted floor in my gate area, and I had been smart enough to bring along a travel pillow, so I took a good nap so that I could stay sane.
   The second flight was otherwise smooth and relatively uneventful, although the intimidating man sitting next to me looked like he'd just come back from a fight with Hulk Hogan.  I got of the plane, where my friend Sharai was thankfully there to pick me up and navigate me back to her apt, where I am currently updating this blog.  Now it's time to rest, definately shower, and do a little London exploring.  Here's where this expedition really gets started.  Catch you all later!

~ Scott