Chillin in Manhattan

New York Travel Blog

So this weekend is Barry central...a whole awesome weekend with my younger bro.   Friday, I got in on a bus from Boston, which was relaxing and slow, and full of good conversation with interesting strangers.  When I got into NY, I dropped off my stuff at my bro's apt, which is conveniently located a block away from Port Authority, and we went off to check out the art at MoMA, which is always a pleasure.  After that, we made a nice shabbat dinner of a weird salmon concoction and pasta, and then went over to a free Upright Citizen's Brigade show, which (and cheesily funny).
   Saturday we spent walking around the whole island of Manhattan, which was great.  We walked for most of the afternoon and evening, hitting Soho, Little Chinatown, numerous interesting stores and streets full of street fairs with everything from cotton-candy-flavored kettle corn to capoiera fighting.  We had dinner at a nice little Italian place with great pasta and some refreshing Sangria, and then made our way back home.
   Today, we were awakened to the not wholly pleasant strains of harmony belting out of the church next door to Barry's apt.  After a little recovery napping, we got up and got tickets to In the Heights, a fun & entertaining off Broadway show, for later that night, and swung over to the Museum of Natural History, which I had never been to and was awesome...although I successfully avoided learning anything of any substance whatsoever.
   The whole weekend was great and I'm glad I got so see my brother. After only a year in Boston together we are now 3 time zones and thousands of miles apart, and I miss him most of the year, so the time we get to spend together is incredibly important to me.
   Well folks, next stop London.  I'll see you all in the UK!!!

~ Scott